Impact Wrestling Predicts – Destination X

Saturday, 13 August 2011


This Sunday, July 10, 2011, Impact Wrestling will be presenting Destination X from the Impact Zone in Orlando. While I usually babble here, there’s so many of us predicting this PPV, that I’m just going to let you know who and move on. First off we have Gesus Oliver, our first Reader Predictor! Then there’s Alex Barie who writes the Impact Wrestling Live Coverage! One of regulars, Dug Barker! And while Brooks and Jack Gaffney were not able to send me descriptive predictions, I have who they think will win and I will list them at the end for your reading pleasure!
Ken Predicts – Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian
This is one the worst created and promoted match on the card. There’s no reason for these two to fight other than neither had an opponent and HAD to be on the card. Even the bar brawl was a a bit lame as Joe had fought with Crimson in a bar not long previously. I do think this will be a solid match, but I don’t think Joe has a chance. I see Kaz coming out on top of this one, but not before some back and forth brawling and maybe some high flying.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Kaz
Gesus Predicts – Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian
I think this was a feud sort of thrown together and not really tastefully done. I honestly was excited when Joe and AJ were in the ring. Then Daniels came out and challenged AJ. I really was hoping for another Joe v Daniels v Styles. What better way to promote what the X-Division brings to the wrestling table than by these 3 guys leaving it all in the ring once again for us? It’s been how many years since the last match? I honestly no longer feel like they are beating a dead horse with this match. Never the less here we are. It will still be a good match, get these 2 guys in the ring and you can’t be let down. Due to the lack of push Joe has gotten during the Hogan regime my pick goes to Kaz.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – Kaz
Alex Predicts – Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian
This is probably one of the hardest matches to predict. I can see both of these stars winning. While Joe is on his violent streak, but also loosing streak since he still has zero points in the Bound for Glory Series, Kazarian is one of the main X-Division stars and is still a major part of Fortune. I do want to see Joe come out on top of this one, but I am going with Kazarian. TNA isn’t giving Joe much and I don’t think they would give him the win.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – Kazarian
Dug Predicts – Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian
Will they FINALLY use Joe right? How about Kaz? This is two of the four (Daniels and Robert Roode are the other two) most under utilized guys in Impact Kaz is, to me, as good as AJ or Daniels in the ring flying around., Joe can be brutal as well as know. There will be some type of interference in this match as I don’t see how they can give both a boost without it.
Dug’s Predicted Winner – Samoa Joe (Dirty)
Ken Predicts – Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles
This match should be epic, off the charts and could be one of the best matches ever in TNA/Impact Wrestling. I know a lot of people had hoped for Daniels vs. AJ vs. Joe, but I’m interested in seeing these two fight it out and I’m SURE it will be awe inspiring. While I think most people will be expecting AJ to, it’s about time Daniels won one. Heck, it’s more than time Daniels wins one! I’d love to see Daniels have a stint as a main event player. He sure deserves it in my book. And while I’d love for AJ and Daniels to walk out of this the ‘friends’ they were when they walk into it, in some ways I want to see these two have a feud so that we can enjoy more matches between them.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Daniels
Gesus Predicts – Daniels vs. AJ Styles
This has all the makings for match of the night, Styles and Daniels. The only way it wont be is if the 4 way match for a contract steps up to the plate. We are all going to be winners with this match. I really hope the guys can find a way to push the envelope without endangering themselves. I honestly am okay with who ever wins but since I have to choose I’m going with A.J.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – AJ Styles
Alex Predicts – Daniels vs. AJ Styles
I can see this match be the match of the night. I would expect this to be the main event as well (everyone probably guesses that too). I see this match as a back and forth battle that would make everyone jump out of their seats. This will be one of those matches that really would make any wrestling fan. While these two fought each other countless times, I am going with Styles as the winner. He built TNA and I think they want to give him the ball for that honor. While he is the winner, I feel like Daniels will be turning heel. I can see how Daniels will act jealous of Styles. While it is my prediction, it could happen. We shall see.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – AJ Styles
Dug Predicts – Daniels vs. AJ Styles
The has the potential to be a match of the year candidate. Both of these guys are amazing in the ring and understand ring psychology. Both can fly high, have a multitude of finishers and stamina. Christopher Daniels may finally be getting his due from Impact (long over due). Daniels and Styles have been in the ring many times with each other and know each other well. There is nothing to lose for any of these guys and this SHOULD be the Main Event. In a long match, winner is Christopher Daniels.
Dug’s Predicted Winner – Daniels
Ken Predicts – The Return Of The Ultimate X Match – Alex Shelley vs. Robbie E vs. Shannon Moore vs. Amazing Red
I really think this could have been the match of the night – yes, over Daniels and AJ – but then I saw who was in it and went to sit in a corner to twitch. Absolutely Shelley and Amazing Red should be in this match and should be off the hook great. But then there’s Robbie who can’t seem to execute many moves with out Cookie or flubbing them up. And then there’s Moore who has also been seen flubbing more moves than hitting correctly. While I’ll admit I was never a Robbie fan, I was a huge Moore fan until he came to Impact Wrestling and looked so bad in the ring. That leaves this up to Shelley or Amazing Red to win. If either of the other two win, I riot! So, between Amazing Red and Shelley? I’m going with the underdog and picking Amazing Red. I love him. He’s one of the few wrestlers I will pick over almost every other. So while Shelley is absolutely amazing and should be X Division Champion again before too long, I’m going with the littlest of the group to come out on top of what should be a fairly decent match despite Robbie and Moore.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Amazing Red
Gesus Predicts – Ultimate X Match
I am excited for this match, even though there has been absolutely no build at all for it. When was the last time any of these men were on Impact that wasn’t a video package? We have two men (Shelly and Amazing Red) that can wrestle at a caliber that will put us in a state of awe, and they aren’t even on Impact? They end the show with a terrible handicap match when they could have thrown these 4 guys into a tag team match instead? Since I have to choose, my money is on Shelly. I honestly wouldn’t mind Red winning as well. The other 2 made me laugh when I saw the package, for if I were running TNA today they’d be out of a job.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – Alex Shelley
Alex Predicts – Ultimate X Match
While I was watching an Ultimate X Match earlier in the week on the internet, I forgot how exciting and amazing the match really is. The stars just put everything into it. While I would say that this would be the match of the night, I have to say that this probably won’t be because of the other matches we have. I am not saying this match will be bad. I am saying that, in some capacity, another match will out due an Ultimate X Match (Sounds unheard of, huh?). Anyway, I would have to go with Alex Shelley for this match. He hasn’t been on Impact Wrestling for quite some time. Before, he was being showcased each week against Beer Money. I expect he will get the TV time.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – Alex Shelley
Dug Predicts – Ultimate X Match
Robbie E’s push seems to have ended. Shannon Moore, Amazing Red and Alex Shelley can all move and I am sure there will be lots of high spots, and last minute crashes from the supports. Shelley is holding on till Sabin returns, and Amazing Red doesn’t have what the current Impact Management looks for (In my humble opinion). Moore got a push from Ink, Inc and his push will with his win here.
Dug’s Predicted Winner – Shannon Moore
Ken Predicts – Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
This is a match I’m really looking forward to. A while ago (within the past year) Stacy and I were watching Lynn on ROH. At first Stacy didn’t know who Lynn was, so I explained that Lynn was an ECW wrestler. I showed Stacy a few clips from back then for comparison. He was floored at how hard Lynn could still go in the ring. This man seems unstoppable in the ring, in that he hasn’t seemed to age much. He’s willing to take all the risks as if he was 20 years younger than he is. I’m sure most will pick RVD to win this as he’s the one under TNA (I mean Impact Wrestling) contract, but I want to see Lynn win it. I love his spark, his fearlessness and that untouchable quality that makes him shine. I love RVD just as much, but I feel Lynn on this one.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Jerry Lynn
Gesus Predicts – RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
These two men may be starting to get up there in age, but dang can these guys still go. The match on Thursdays impact, was without a doubt an A+ match. This is another very exciting match on the card and honestly cements that no one can say this PPV will be a waste of money. I have to go with RVD winning this match simply because he is a contracted wrestler.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – RVD
Alex Predicts – RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
I can see this match being one of the top matches. Lynn was great on Impact Wrestling and I just want to see more of him at the PPV. These two can really work. While Lynn still has it, I have to go with RVD as a win to him would mean more. While RVD hasn’t been on TV much before this match was made, I do see him appearing more. I am going with Rob.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – RVD
Dug Predicts – RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
Two wrestlers who were great in their day but getting up in years. RVD has shown he can still go in the ring for a shorter period of time and Lynn appears to be in great shape. Lynn is such a veteran that he may have very little ring rust. I don’t believe that Lynn wants to come back and wrestler full time and this is probably a one time deal.
Dug’s Predicted Winner – RVD
Ken Predicts – X Division Contract Match – Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion vs. Low Ki vs. Jack Evans
I just want to scream! I want Low Ki in Impact Wrestling. I want AA in Impact Wrestling. Not sure about this Zema boy. I want Evans in Impact Wrestling! How do I choose? I doubt AA would be taking time from ROH for Impact Wrestling, so that knocks him out of the running. Evans is in and out of ROH, but seems to be doing more Indy work than AA lately. Low Ki hasn’t tied himself down from his stint as Kaval, so maybe? So torn! I think from the way the fans so obviously popped for Evans that I’m going with him, but I really want Low Ki in Impact Wrestling!
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Evans
Gesus Predicts – X Division Contract Match
I find it funny that this is the most promoted match on the card and not one of these guys are a contracted wrestler. Though these guys have put on some amazing matches, and when its well known that Impact Wrestling is trying to cut workers, they are spending money on per show basis wrestlers. If they are able to put on quality wrestling like these guys and the other 8(?) guys they wrestled, they should be employed by Impact Wrestling. My prediction who wins is heavily skewed and highly impartial by the fact that I live near Milwaukee, WI so I have to go for my boy Austin Aries. He was a great champ on ROH in my opinion, but like I said, impartial. I am also a huge fan of all these guys except honestly Zema Ion, I guess I just don’t see in him what the others do. There is going to be a lot of action in this match, I’m very eager to see what these men can put together.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – Austin Aries
Alex Predicts – X Division Contract Match
This match will certainly be interesting as it showcases the top four stars that have amazed everyone in the last couple of weeks on Impact Wrestling. While all of them were impressive, I can see Jack Evans winning. First of all, he was simply amazing with all of his flips and slick moves he preformed, but he was also trending worldwide on Twitter. Not sure if anyone else caught that though. I can really see him make an impact (no pun intended) on Impact Wrestling. I would love to see him go against Daniels, Joe, Kazarian…….pretty much any X-Division wrestler.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – Jack Evans
Dug Predicts – X Division Contract Match
This will be one of three great matches. Everyone will be everywhere. Austin Aries is great in the ring and on the mic. A Double would be a great addition to the Impact Wrestling Lineup. Low Ki, while, in my opinion, not great on the mic, is beyond words in the ring. Zema Ion looks interesting and Jack Evans will fly all over the ring. I’m sure there will be a few dramatic events, and I believe that Impact wants at least two of these athletes. In the end, the winner will be Austin Aries (but Low Ki sticks around and ends up with a contract).
Dug’s Predicted Winner – Low Ki
Ken Predicts – Open Challenge Match – Douglas Williams vs. TBA
I think this is a despicable way to throw together a match at the absolute last minute. I’m so not impressed! But since they’re trying to push TBI, I’m going with Williams. Not much else to say about it.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Williams
Gesus Predicts – Open Challenge
Oh? Um? When was this? Oh, wait, that 2 min video Impact Wrestling called a build…..who cares? Also wasn’t all of British Invasion in the promo cut? Isn’t Rob Terry part of Immortal? I don’t know, this makes no sense. Terrible booking and in the end, I don’t care. One other thing, wasn’t it when Douglas was X-Division champ he tried bringing down the X-Division, so why display him on this PPV?
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – Douglas Williams
Alex Predicts – Open Challenge
While I could really pick anyone, the choices are unlimited, I am going with Williams for the win. I just thought of someone returning….someone by the name of Jay Lethal as he would return to compete against Williams as a surprise appearance, but I don’t see a face vs. face match happening. It will probably be Hernandez, but either way, Williams is my pick.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – Williams
Ken Predicts – X Division Championship Match – Brian Kendrick vs. (c) Abyss
Ugh! There’s only one thing I want to see here and that’s Abyss losing the strap. I know that the X Division isn’t about size, but Abyss isn’t X Division in any way, shape or form. One of the biggest travesties in Impact Wrestling right now is that Abyss holds this Title. There’s been a lot of crap going on in Impact Wrestling, so that’s saying something! All I can focus on is the creative ways Kendrick could beat Abyss and get the Impact Wrestling X Division world back on kilter!
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Kendrick
X Division Championship Match – Brian Kendrick vs. Abyss (c)
As excited as I am for this match, this match makes me mad the most. I am an avid fan of TNA wrestling, but I have to remind my self from time to time who the X division champ is. How many times have we seen Abyss on TV let alone come out to the ring without his belt? This is a PPV showcasing the X Division, and the champ doesn’t even carry his strap? I see this match being one of 2 things, either really exciting and fun, or Impact Wrestling dropping the ball and some over booked ending where Immortal gives Abyss the win. Either way, I don’t see the title changing hands just yet.
Gesus’ Predicted Winner – Abyss
Alex Predicts – X Division Championship Match – Brian Kendrick vs. Abyss (c)
When I thought about this match on who would win, I had no doubt that Abyss would win the match. But after thinking, I can see how Kendrick would win. This match is all about the X-Division stars and since this match is for the X-Division Title, I can see how they want to represent the title and give Kendrick the title push he has been waiting for. While I can see all of that coming into play, I have to go with Abyss as my pick. I don’t see TNA making Immortal look weak, so they will keep Immortal’s momentum going as Abyss will keep the title.
Alex’s Predicted Winner – Abyss
Dug Predicts – X Division Championship Match – Brian Kendrick vs. Abyss (c)
Wow: Can’t imagine how in the end Abyss will lose this unless it’s a dirty ending. Kendrick will make this fun to watch as he always does, and they have created Abyss has so tough and such a quick recovery time that he becomes tough. The only way I could see Kendrick winning is if Abyss brings a weapon (tacks) into the ring and somehow Kendrick uses that against him. That just did this with Sting and Abyss barb-wired glove, so I can’t see this happening.
Dug’s Predicted Winner – Abyss
Brooks Predicts
Kendrick over Abyss
Daniels over AJ Styles
Kazarian over Samoa Joe
RVD over Jerry Lynn
Low Ki wins X Division Contract Match
Robbie E. wins the Ultimate X Match
TBA over Doug Williams

Jack Predicts
Kendrick over Abyss
AJ Styles over Daniels
Samoa Joe over Kazarian
RVD over Jerry Lynn
Austin Aries wins X Division Contract Match
Alex Shelley wins Ultimate X Match
TBA over Douglas Williams

Wow, that’s quite a lot of predictions, but we hope you enjoy them. I have a feeling this should really be an amazing PPV. It’s nice to see Impact Wrestling focusing on the X Division, I just hope it continues after the PPV. I’d also hope they’d realize a great many of the fans want the six sided ring, but we’re not making the big bucks for running the company, so we don’t have much of a say in the matter. (I need to throw in that Dug thinks Williams will win his Open Challenge.)
- KB, Gesus, Alex, Dug, Brooks & Jack

0 comments: