WWE Predicts – Over The Limit

Saturday, 13 August 2011


This Sunday WWE will present their Over the Limit PPV from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington. Somehow this PPV snuck up on me before I knew it. Like every other PPV, there’s good and not so good matches on the card. Actually, there’s very little I’m looking forward to. There’s a couple matches that could be good, but much of it seems old hat and rehashed from other events. Hopefully WWE will pull it all together and show us something spectacular, or at least worth the money.
Hey everyone, I am “The Choice” Matt Andrews here with your (get your shot glasses ready) CHOICES for who’s going over at Over the Limit. Overall, the card isn’t…terrible. We’ve seen worse, but there hasn’t been a whole lot of buildup to the undercard. Truly a B-Level PPV, it’ll be interesting to see how WWE makes this relevant.
Ken Predicts – Singles Match – Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
I’ll be surprised if the WWE doesn’t start the PPV with this match. From what I’ve been hearing, Chavo and Sin Cara have been tearing it up at house shows, so this should be sweet! It’s nice to see Chavo back on TV and in a PPV. I think he’s the perfect person to help push Sin Cara up in the WWE. The amazing moves and high spots should be awe inspiring. In the end I expect Chavo to put Sin Cara over, but he might win to continue the feud. If it’s as good as I’ve been hearing, this might go back and forth for a couple months. This is one of the few I’m very excited about and hope they don’t move it to be the dark match of the night. That would be a travesty to the fans watching from home.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Sin Cara
Brooks Predicts – Singles Match – Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
I like this match a lot. Not only is the underused Chavo on a PPV card (the last time I remember seeing him on one was WrestleMania XXIV, and that’s only because I went to the event), but this is Sin Cara’s PPV debut. There’s a nice simple story in this feud, which is good for Sin Cara’s first. I don’t think many people expect Chavo to win here, unless they try to get him over by cheating Sin Cara out of a win, which I doubt. I’m no exception. Sin Cara will win after a bunch of crazy spots in a short, fun match.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – Sin Cara
Matt Predicts – Singles Match – Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
Case in point about there not being a lot of build, but these two should at least put on an entertaining match – if they’re given enough time. I’m guessing about 10 minutes, which is enough to do some pretty cool things. They should open the PPV with this match – as I said in my blog, this could be the sleeper hit of the night. As for who goes over? I don’t think this angle is done, so my CHOICE (this is going to be fun every month) is…
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Chavo Guerrero via Lying, Cheating, and/or Stealing
Ken Predicts – WWE Tag Team Championship Match – Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan
Big Show and Kane are some of the biggest and strongest in the WWE, both in the ring and on mic, but they’re not as young as they used to be. Add in that WWE is trying to make Punk happy and that could spell trouble for the champs. Also, if Big Show and Kane lose they’ll be split up as one is on RAW and one on Smackdown, will be the end of them tagging together. With Ryan by his side, Punk has a chance against Kane and Big Show, but will Ryan go rogue again? I think in the end Kane and Big Show will retain, possibly because Ryan does something stupid and loses it for them through DQ. In the end I see Punk as mad at Ryan as he is with Kane and Big Show.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Kane & Big Show
Brooks Predicts – WWE Tag Team Championship Match – Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan
Remember the rule: “If a person named CM Punk is in a PPV match, he will lose.” Big Show and Kane could’ve been used as transitional champions to get the belts from Corre to the Nexus but I don’t see the point in that. In all likelihood, this is being done to add more dissension among the members of Punk’s Nexus. There were already some visible problems between Mason and the rest of the group, so this will likely just make the eventual breakup of the faction sooner, which needs to be done. The Nexus has been active for nearly a year. It’s time to put an end to it.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – Kane & Big Show
Matt Predicts – WWE Tag Team Championship Match – Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan
Er…I’m sorry, I’ve been too preoccupied with Big Show and Kane vs. The Corre that I don’t really care a whole lot about what CM Punk’s New Nexus is doing. I think it’s because I haven’t heard Punk talk a whole lot. I mean, the guy can definitely let his actions speak for themselves, but we should all be treated to a CM Punk promo. Oh, and it’s probably because the New Nexus…um…sucks. Sorry to be blunt, but McGillicutty, Otunga, and Ryan just aren’t The Corre. Michael and David are pretty much re-starting the J.O.B. Squad, and Mason Ryan isn’t proven yet. That being said, I hope they DO actually do something with this, as the New Nexus vs. Big Show and Kane has potential. With that in mind, along with Punk’s recent grieves against management…
Matt’s Predicted Winner – NEW Tag Team Champions CM Punk & Mason Ryan
Ken Predicts – Kiss My Foot Match – Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
Please, PLEASE, please, someone, make this end! I’m hoping that with Swagger pissed off at Cole, King will have free range to destroy Cole. My only worry is that Swagger will come out and attack Cole, ending the whole thing with Cole on top via DQ. Even if it’s a DQ, King has to hold up his end of the bargain, but I don’t see that happening. Cole will be inducted into the HOF someday and it wouldn’t surprise me to see King induct him when that happens, but not because of this match and not with King’s HOF ring. Cole will have to wait and get his own. I just hope this is the blow off of this feud and Cole goes back to being the boring ass he was rather than the loud and obnoxious ass he’s been this past year.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler
Brooks Predicts – Kiss My Foot Match
- Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

Ugh. Ugggggggggggggggh. This really needs to stop. I love Jerry Lawler, and I wanted him to get his WrestleMania moment. He didn’t, and as terrible as that was, that should’ve been the end. I don’t care how lame of a payoff this would be; I want this done. I would rather watch a 60-man Iron Man match between two Great Khalis. Anything but this. I’m assuming that this is the PG version of Lawler finally getting a good amount of revenge, so I guess Lawler goes over here. Let’s just end this so commentary can be bearable again and this asinine angle stops taking up 1/4 of every Raw.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – Jerry Lawler
Matt Predicts – Kiss My Foot Match – Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
Sigh. Judging from his role this week on commentary, this program is coming to a close, thank God. On Smackdown, Cole was tolerable. The absence of Jack Swagger in Cole’s corner provides an interesting twist, but I also think Swagger’s done in this angle and is moving up. Three wins in a row for Michael Cole? I don’t think so. I’m going with everyone’s CHOICE (three!)…
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Jerry Lawler
Ken Predicts – WWE Intercontinental Championship Match – Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson
I have to say that Zeke is quite the force to be reckoned with. He could take Wade apart if the rest of Corre doesn’t get involved. While I want to see Zeke dominate over Wade and walk away with the gold, I don’t see it happening just yet. In the end Wade will retain the gold if not come out on top cleanly.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Wade Barrett to retain IC Title
Brooks Predicts – WWE Intercontinental Championship Match – Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson
This match was too rushed. I hate that I’m saying that, because I never liked the Corre and I want the group to dissolve as soon as possible, but Ezekiel is the face here and not many people know that. Face turns are a delicate thing, and they can’t be rushed. It has to be more than “I know I’ve terrorized this show for months, but now I want to beat up this bad guy that no one cares about anymore.” I believe that Zeke can be an effective face, but he has to be given time to win over the crowd before he’s put in a PPV match. As for who wins this match, I really don’t know. Wade Barrett’s done next to nothing with it, and Zeke’s a former World champion (ECW counts, believe it or not). My gut told me they may put the strap on Zeke to get him over, but now I’m thinking they might hold off on him winning the strap for a while. Barrett to win this one with Corre’s help.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – Wade Barrett
Matt Predicts – WWE Intercontinental Championship Match – Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson
This match is sadly not so much about the IC Belt as it is about Jackson vs. The Corre. That being said, I’m pretty sure Wade Barrett is going over here, but I’m going to say it will be without The Corre helping him. That can keep The Corre fresh, and it can still promote the Jackson vs. The Corre. I love what they’ve done with Zeke’s character, and I truly hope they don’t screw it up.
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Wade Barrett
Ken Predicts – Singles Match – Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
I love Rey and think R-Truth has done a really solid job of turning heel and making it very believable, but I’m surprised they’re taking this to a PPV so quickly. I know it’s not a top tier PPV, but this feud doesn’t seem to have reached PPV proportions to me. I do think they’ll all stay in character and sell very well with Rey hitting some of his famous high spots, but in the end Alberto Del Rio will come out and cost Rey the win. Rey better find a friend really soon to cover his back of he’s going to be screwed dealing with two feuds at the same time.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – R-Truth
Brooks Predicts – Singles Match – Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
No matter which way this match goes, the focus is obviously on R-Truth. If he wins, it starts to solidify and legitimize his heel turn. If he loses, it will add to his character by making him even more frustrated. The more likely route is the first, it seems. Rey is probably the top face in the WWE that puts over talent the most, much more than the Cenas, Ortons, and Triple Hs, anyway. I’m by no means an R-Truth fan (I’m still unimpressed with the bulk of his in-ring work, although I know he has potential), but this heel turn has really revitalized his character. He’s genuinely interesting for possibly the first time in his WWE career, and I hope they don’t drop the ball with him.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – R-Truth
Matt Predicts – Singles Match – Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
Expect some promo work by R-Truth here, especially since he still doesn’t have a heel entrance theme. I don’t think I’m emotionally invested in this match, as I know that the Rey/R-Truth program has been rushed because Morrison is injured. How long is Morrison scheduled to be out? 6 weeks or so, right? I say Rey goes over here, R-Truth throws a tantrum, and continues the program at Capitol Punishment, where Morrison makes his return.
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Rey Mysterio
Ken Predicts – WWE Divas Championship Match – Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly
I’m really waffling on this one. Kelly has made huge strides in the ring, but very few of her moves flow. You can see her counting the steps of each move in her head as she does them. She just hasn’t been able to put it all together into a whole fluid move. But then there’s Brie who’s claim to fame is being a twin who the refs can’t tell apart. What I’m saying is that neither are Champion and neither should be in a PPV Title match, not even a PPV such as OTL. Such a sad stake the Divas are as a group. I’m just hoping Kharma will help change that up at least a bit. Actually, I see her getting involved in this match. I think it will be because of Kharma that Kelly will win over the continually swapping twins. I’m not saying I want to see Kelly as Divas Champ, I’m saying I think Kharma will cause Kelly to win so she can either go after Kelly or help her in some odd way. Kharma has made things, at least, interesting.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Kelly Kelly
Brooks Predicts – WWE Divas Championship Match – Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly
For those who don’t know, Brie Bella is the Divas champion. For those that don’t know, the Divas champion is supposedly the best the Divas division has to offer. For those that don’t know, the Divas division is that thing that Kharma destroys. This match was made because of Kharma, and I think Kelly Kelly will win because of Kharma. The biggest Diva angle right now is the odd relationship between Kelly and Kharma, and giving Kelly the title would add even more intrigue. It seems as if the WWE is unsure whether to book Kharma as a heel or face, and this match should give some insight. It’s clear that the WWE Universe loves Kharma, but I don’t know if the WWE will capitalize on that. I think Kelly wins her first title before entering a legitimate feud with Kharma.
Brooks Predicts – Kelly Kelly
Matt Predicts – WWE Divas Championship Match – Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly
Again, as stated in my blog, this match is a KAT (read my blog to see what that is). This match should probably get no more than 5 minutes, and perhaps with some Twin Magic, the Bellas go over here. WAIT A MINUTE. I just had a genius idea that may cost me a prediction point in my first prediction blog. Kelly Kelly fights off Twin Magic, wins the Divas Championship for the first time ever, and starts a program with Kharma. Fast forward to SummerSlam, and Beth Phoenix saves Kelly Kelly.
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Kelly Kelly
Ken Predicts – World Heavyweight Championship Match – Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian
This should be the main event, not Miz and Cena, but we all know that Cena is the golden boy that not only Orton can surpass! Either way, it’s Orton and Christian we’re talking about here. Of course I want to see Christian win. I adore Orton, even though it’s taken many years for me to get to this point, I want to see Christian at the top and having a decent run as World Heavyweight Champion. Personally I don’t think Wolverine should be leading Smackdown, but that’s just me. Yes, Orton is great, but Wolverine isn’t as much. Sorry, that face fur is throwing me in a strange way. It’s growing in creatively and looks odd on his face. But back to the match. I really think this will be a fabby match as these two have thrown down recently and gave some amazing matches. The bummer is that I don’t see Christian winning this one. Not right now with Orton being ‘the face’ of Smackdown.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Randy Orton
Brooks Predicts – World Heavyweight Championship Match – Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian
This is a weird match, and a weird angle as a whole. I understand giving Randy the belt, because they want him to be the face of Smackdown. But why not take the belt off of Christian at this PPV as opposed to the first SmackDown after he won it? And if he won it on SmackDown, why not have Christian invoke his rematch clause on SmackDown? Having a face vs. face match at a lower-level show like this strikes me as weird, so I think something devious is happening, most likely a Christian heel turn. I prefer Christian as a face, and there are enough heels on SmackDown, but I just can’t shake the feeling that something big is happening here. Just having Orton defeat another face (and one that so many people wanted to be world champion for so long) doesn’t seem like enough. Something will happen here, but Randy Orton will walk out still champion.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – Randy Orton
Matt Predicts – World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

This contest has been built up nicely in the last three weeks by the Smackdown crew, and I am going to CHOOSE (HA!) this match as Match of the Night. I’m hoping that Randy doesn’t do that goofy little dance again like he did on Smackdown. Honestly that dance and the possibility of a No Contest due to interference from Henry and Sheamus are my biggest fears for this match. We all know this program isn’t done, and if we’re giving Christian a second title reign, it better not be here – it should be on the 2nd grandest stage of them all, SummerSlam.
Matt’s Predicted Winner – Randy Orton
Ken Predicts – “I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship – John Cena (c) vs. The Miz
Ugh! I’d been loving the growth in Miz, but he seems to have leveled off and I don’t think it’s his fault. He and Cena have done all they can do at this point in their feud and they need to end it here. Their match at WMXXVII should have been their blow off. I understand VKM thinking it might not be over because of Rock’s involvement, but trust me, Miz vs. Cena is done! The worst part of all this is that Miz doesn’t really have a chance. It’s highly doubtful that Cena will lose the strap this year before he faces Rocky at WMXXVIII, so Miz will lose in some way. I see A-Ri getting involved in some way and ending up screwing over Miz while trying to help him. But more than anything, I don’t want to see any duct tape or hear the ‘I quit’ on a recording! I don’t know why I bother. Cena will come out smelling of roses no matter what happens.
Ken’s Predicted Winner – Cena
Brooks Predicts – “I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship – John Cena (c) vs. The Miz
Does anyone think John Cena will say “I Quit”? No? Me neither. Unless The Miz pulls a Rock and records John Cena saying “I quit” and fools the referee into thinking he actually quit, there’s no chance of a Miz victory here. It should still be a fun match, just one with a foregone conclusion. I expect to see Miz pull out a few tricks and have Riley helping him, but there’s just no way Cena will quit. If you have even the slightest inkling that Miz may win, it would be silly to take the title off of Miz, only to have him win it back a month later. Cena to win here.
Brooks’ Predicted Winner – John Cena
Matt Predicts – “I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship
- John Cena (c) vs. The Miz

So the scuttlebutt amongst the IWC is what the Miz is going to do to get John Cena to say I Quit. It’s too predictable – putting Cena in an “I Quit” match is pretty much putting Cena in an “I Win” Match. Especially given that Cena just won the belt last month. I know WWE hasn’t been huge up on long title reigns, but if they weren’t going to have Cena as champ going into WrestleMania, they’re going to have him as champ going into SummerSlam. My question is: After this match, where does The Miz go?
Matt’s Predicted Winner – John Cena
Dug didn’t have the time to write the reasons for his predictions, but he sent his basic predictions so he can stay in the pool for this PPV.
Singles Match – Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero
Winner: Sin Cara
WWE Tag Team Championship Match – Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan
Winner: CM Punk and Mason Ryan
Kiss My Foot Match – Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
Winner: Jerry Lawler
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match – Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Winner and new IC Champ: Ezekiel Jackson
Singles Match – Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
Winner: R-Truth
World Heavyweight Championship Match – Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian
Winner: Christian
“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship – John Cena (c) vs. The Miz
Winner: John Cena
After writing out my predictions I’m actually much more interested in watching Over The Limit. Some of these matches could be really great, if they’re not as predictable as they could be. Should be an interesting show and I’m really looking forward to hanging out in the Live Blog with everyone! If I get predictions from anyone else in, I’ll add them in to see who comes out on top after OTL.
KB & Brooks & Dug & Matt

0 comments: